- What has changed on my system?
87% of people inadvertently change settings on their system that cause
connection problems. This may be due to installing new software that changes
your settings of which you are unaware (such as AOL). Software and modem
updates can also cause connection problems if not installed or configured correctly.
Accidental keystrokes or accidentally leaving the caps lock key engaged on your
computer can also cause problems.
- What other things should I check?
- Try redialing to Internet Channel on your ISDN line.
- Try restarting your computer as well as repowering your
ISDN modem or router.
- Check to make sure all connections, including cables, are securely seated and installed
between your modem/router, computer, and ISDN jack.
- If you are running a Windows 95 machine, check to make sure "Enable Software Compression"
is not checked.
- Ascend Pipeline users, make sure you have the default gateway set to 10.254.254.1
If you are still experiencing problems, try the following steps:
- Try checking to see if you can make a voice phone
call through your ISDN line.
- Click here to hear a sound file of what an ISDN connection sounds like.
- The tone of a normal dialup connection (56k modem).
- If you are unable to dial and reach our number,
it is possible there may be a problem with the ISDN line provided by your phone company.
Click here for additional information.
- I am still having problems. What should I do now?
- If you are unable to make a voice call,
or dial and reach our numbers it is possible there is a
problem with the ISDN line provided by your telephone company.
- Bell Atlantic ISDN troubles in New York City can be reported to 1.800.NET.6289
- For additional assistance, you can contact Internet Channel.
For optimal service be sure to mention you are an ISDN customer when calling.
Our Customer Service and Technical Support hours are
Monday-Friday 9am-7pm and on Saturday from 10am-6pm.
You can reach us:
By Phone: (212) 243-5200
Via Fax: (212) 243-8465
By Email: email@example.com
Note: If your message will contain sensitive information
like passwords or credit card numbers, please use our
secure feedback form at https://secure.inch.com/feedback.html
Online Support: ISDN FAQs