Getting Start :
If you've already configured your mail client, but you're still having trouble, here is a list of the most common problems and their fixes:
- Make sure your username is all lowercase; this is most likely the problem if you are getting an "incorrect password" message.
- If you are dialed into another provider, you may have problems if that provider has not correctly named the IP address you use. Contact their tech-support and tell them you are trying to get mail from a site that only allows connections from named IP's. This is a security enhancement.
- If neither of these fixes work, try a different mail client to narrow the problem down; we've used Eudora, Claris Emailer, and Netscape Mail successfully. If none of this helps, feel free to call tech-support for help.
- Also, remember that you cannot receive mail messages larger than 5 megabytes. Sometimes mailreaders like Eudora or Netscape Mail have trouble transferring messages over 1 or 2 megabytes.
- If you have trouble receiving mail (you get "Connection lost" errors or your mailreader freezes up while transferring mail) and you think it might be due to large messages in your mailbox, call tech support at 212.243.5200 and we can remove the problem email for you.
- To avoid this potential problem, have people send you large files in small pieces.